Countryman Type 85 Direct Box
How do you send the purest, warmest and most natural signal out of a high-impedance instrument to a balanced mic input at the console? Countryman's Type 85 Direct Interface box. The Type 85 connects any high impedance instrument pickup, even piezo pickups, to a balanced microphone (XLR type) input. It uses only hand selected high quality discrete components woven into a single ended class A circuit much like the classic tube microphone preamp. The Type 85 has an incredibly smooth, sweet sound.
| $ 246.50 |
(save 11% off RRP)
- Input Resistance: Pickup mode:10,000,000 ohms, 10 times the input resistance of a typical guitar amplifier. Speaker mode: 10k ohms
- Input Capacitance: 60 Picofarads, equal to two feet of low capacitance guitar cable.
- Maximum Input Level: Pickup mode: 5 Volts P-P Speaker mode: 300 Volts P-P Equal to 2,800 watts into 4 ohms.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ± 1dB
- Power Requirements: 48 V @ 0.4 ma Phantom or 9 V battery
- Dimensions: 1.75 in. x 3 in. x 5 in. (45 mm) x (77 mm) x (127 mm)
- Weight: 18.5 oz. (0.52 kg)