Countryman Type 85S Stereo DI Box
The Type 85S Stereo Direct Box is a two-channel version of the classic Type 85 FET Direct Box. Each channel uses the same FET-based Class A circuit as the Type 85 to connect any high-impedance instrument pickup to a balanced microphone (XLR) input.
Indestructable: Connectors and switches are recessed into a single-piece extruded case with extra thick walls. You can literally drive a truck over the Type 85S without hurting it. Internal electronics are molded in epoxy and fully protected against electrical damage. The input can withstand 220 VAC and static spikes up to 20,000 V.
Battery or Phantom Power: Most mixing consoles provide 48V phantom power, and the Type 85S will automatically use it. If you don’t have phantom power, or if your phantom power is very low, the Type 85S will run for about 130 hours from a single internal 9 V battery. We designed the Type 85S so that you only need to provide phantom to Channel A to power the unit.
Simply Exceptional Sound: Each channel of the Type 85S uses only hand-selected high-quality discrete components woven into a single-ended Class A circuit, much like a classic tube microphone preamp. The Type 85S has an incredibly smooth, sweet sound. Unlike many active DI boxes, the Type 85S can always isolate ground, even when running on phantom power, to help eliminate hum and buzz from ground problems.
| $ 399.50 |
(save 11% off RRP)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+/- 1 dB)
- Noise (shorted input, BW = 22 Hz – 20 kHz): 0.63 μVrms (-122 dBu)
- Power Requirements: 9V battery or 1.6 mA @ 48V Phantom
- Input Protection: 220Vrms and 20kV discharges
- Gain Options: -10dB (0dB pad), -25dB (-15dB pad), -40dB (-30dB pad)
- RF Low-Pass Filtering: 250 kHz (in), 30 kHz (out)
- Maximum Input Level (1% THD): 5 Vpp (0dB pad) 28 Vpp (-15dB pad) 158 Vpp (-30dB pad) (Equal to 800 Watts into 4 Ohms)
- Distortion: 0.018% THD @ 1 kHz and 1Vpp in 0.08% IMD 10 kHz/60 Hz 1Vpp in
- Cross-Talk Rejection: >105dB (20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Input Resistance: 10 MΩ (0dB pad), 10 kΩ (-15, -30dB pad), 20 kΩ (RCA and 1/8” inputs)
- Input Capacitance: 160 pF (equal to 2 ft of low-capacitance guitar cable)
- Output Polarity: Pin 2 positive (Note that the one-channel Type 85 is Pin 3 positive.)
- Dimensions: 2 x 4 x 6.25 in (51 x 102 x 159 mm)
- Weight: 31.2 oz (.88 kg)