Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Interface
For more than 25 years, Focusrite has designed some of the most popular microphone preamps in the industry. This experience has been used to create the transparent, low-noise and low-distortion preamp found not only in the Scarlett 2i2 but also our flagship Firewire interface, the Liquid Saffire 56. Plenty of available headroom makes it suitable for moving coil, condenser and ribbon microphones regardless of the source. Phantom power is provided for mics that need it. The front panel Neutrik combination input can be used to connect line and instrument level signals as well as microphones. This makes it perfect for recording the output of a synthesizer or stage piano, whilst at the flick of a switch you can cater for the output of an electric or acoustic guitar. Unique halo signal indicators let you know that you’ve got a good signal level for recording. Red means that your signal is clipping, and that you should reduce the gain. The halo will momentarily turn amber as the level returns to a healthy level, at which point it will turn green. A large monitor dial provides a tactile control for the volume of your speakers, whilst a high quality headphone amp provides a clean yet loud signal to headphones connected to the front panel socket. The direct monitor switch routes audio directly from the inputs to both the headphone and speaker outputs. This allows you to monitor the incoming signal with zero-latency. The included Scarlett Plug-In suite provides effects compatible with all major DAWs; so whether you're using GarageBand, Pro Tools 9, Cubase, Logic or the included Ableton Live Lite, Scarlett 2i2 is the complete package for you to get recording straight away.
- UNMATCHED SONIC QUALITY AT AN INCREDIBLE PRICE Brought to you by the team behind the 'Forté Suite and the famous Focusrite Hardware line. Focusrite plug-ins have brought that final polish and shine to thousands of hit records over the last two decades.
- STUNNING GUI WITH LIFE-LIKE CLASSIC PORT-HOLE VU METERS A Red anodized metallic feel, extremely detailed metering and other visual elements from Focusrite's illustrious recording history make Scarlett look as good as it sounds.
- A FAITHFUL RECREATION OF CLASSIC COMPRESSORS AND GATES Modelled on original ear-tuned custom hardware optos exclusive to Focusrite, the dynamics modules deliver an authentic vintage 1960s Opto sound.
- MULTI-MODES ENABLE CREATIVE GATING TECHNIQUES The Gate can operate as a stereo gate and, in different dual mono modes, one signal can be used to trigger the gate of another; ideal for tightening up a bass line, for example.
- CLASSIC FOCUSRITE EQ CURVES AND CONTROLS Scarlett uses the same Focusrite 6-band EQ approach as the Red 2 and ISA EQs, with filters, parametric mids and shelving, all modelled to offer an authentic response across the entire audible frequency spectrum.
- PROFESSIONAL REVERB WITH CONCISE CONTROLS Based on classic algorithmic studio reverb designs, this reverb delivers a remarkable level of sonic quality for your recording projects. Easy to use set-up controls get you to the ideal reverb sound in seconds.