Kurzweil PC3LE-61 - Live Edition Performance Keyboard
Kurzweil's new PC3LE-61 combines the amazing sound quality and performance control features of our enormously successful PC3 with a new streamlined, intelligent user interface, providing an interactive experience that is bound to inspire creativity.
The PC3LE-61 comes equipped with over 700 onboard effects chains from which to choose, all with real-time controllers already assigned to relevant parameters. With world class reverbs that decay into complete silence, warm, classic sounding phasers, flangers and choruses, and burning, saturated distortions, you'll have everything you need to make your music sound like a polished, finished product from the outset. The PC3LE6's architecture provides up to 10 insert effects, which can be distributed among 10 channels, with available auxiliary effects as well.
With the PC3LE-61, we're introducing a new set of dynamic physical controllers - 8 backlit, velocity-sensitive drum pads that can be used to trigger sounds, sequences, chords and arpeggiations. Every program in the machine has a drum kit assigned to the pads, so you'll always have access to a rhythm track when you need it. As a bonus, we've included a set of over 100 new drum programs, with acoustic brush kits, slammin' rock kits and a number of heavily effected techno/electronic kits, in addition to the 24 existing kits from the PC3. Just as we put a great deal of effort into making sure that our keyboard action feels just right, the drum pads were implemented with precision and care, with utmost attention given to how they feel when played. After all, this is a musical instrument and not just a piece of technology.
Saving, loading and updating the OS are all made easy on the LE with the inclusion of both USB Host and Device ports. You can save your user programs, setups and songs to a USB thumb-drive or directly to a computer. OS updates can be loaded from a thumb-drive or directly from your computer, and of course the LE sends and receives MIDI over USB. Standard MIDI jacks are also included for In, Out and Thru. For audio, the PC3LE-61 features high-quality, hum-canceling, stereo balanced analog outputs, with 24-bit DACs as well as a 24-bit stereo S/PDIF digital output at 48K.
| $ 1499.00 |
(save 21% off RRP)
- Keyboard: 61-note semi-weighted action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys. (Fatar TP8)
- Display: 240 x 64 backlit LED w/ dedicated back panel contrast control
- Polyphony: 64 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Architecture: Full PC3 Synth Engine and V.A.S.T. Editing (new in O/S V2):
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful new synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 prototype synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Desktop Editor: (New in O/S V2) - Mac and PC platforms (available for purchase from SoundTower)
- Factory Presets: 1061; the majority of the PC3 sound set is included (download full "object list" here).
- Factory MIDI Setups: 256 factory programmed MIDI setups. - featuring up to 16 independent zones, effects, independent controller assignments, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and arpeggiator settings.
- File Compatibility:Loads from:
- PC3K: most* objects except samples.
- PC3: most* objects.
- K2 Series: the majority of Setups, Programs, and Keymaps (no sample loading or compatibility file; see the V2 Addendum manual for details).
O/S V2 or later required.
*The LE has less FX resources so may not be able to load certain objects.
- General MIDI: Standard
- User Memory: 16,000 locations for user objects.
- Sequencer: 16 tracks; 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and quick "set song loop point" functions are also included
- Effects: 10 insert effects distributed over 10 busses, two auxiliary sends; featuring over 500 of our award winning preset FX chains - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more (FX editing limited to chain selection and wet/dry mix).
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 5 front panel knobs (15 virtual knobs with a 3-tiered shift button), 7 front panel switches (12 virtual switches with a 2-tiered shift button), 2 switch pedal inputs, 1 continuous control pedal input and mono pressure. Controller values can be "captured" and stored as part of a program. In addition to all of these, the PC3LE also features 8 backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads that can be used to trigger sounds, sequences, chords and arpeggiations
- Arpeggiator: 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases
- Riffs: 16 simultaneous "Riff" generators (used for triggering MIDI sequenced phrases, beats, or complete multi-track arrangements from notes on the keyboard and/or any on-board physical controller)
- Analog Outputs: Two 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output
- Digital Outputs: 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF at 48K (internal clock)
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru
- USB Computer Port: MIDI over USB. Also allows the PC3LE to load/save data directly to and from a Mac/PC as well as perform OS updates.
- USB Storage Port: Supports USB thumb-drives for loading/saving user data as well as performing OS updates.
- FREE OS Updates: Flash ROM upgradeable via direct-USB or thumb-drive
- Height: (5.00") (12.70 cm)
- Depth: (14.50") (36.83 cm)
- Length: (41.50") (105.41 cm)
- Weight: (31.00 lb.) (14.06 kg)
- Power: Internal AC power supply. Automatic selection 90-250V AC operation