SM Pro Audio The MIC Thing - Microphone Isolation Panel (version 2)
The Mic Thing is a portable multi-purpose acoustic treatment panel suitable for minimizing room artifacts and improving separation during microphone recording sessions. Great for a range of applications including helping to control room ambience, minimizing spill from instrument amplifiers, or even creating temporary control rooms the Mic Thing is certainly one handy thing!
Good microphone separation and isolation means a cleaner recording and more controlled end result. Although the question of how much microphone separation is really necessary in any given situation, audio engineers around the world unanimously agree that if given the chance, they would rather be in control of these factors than not. The Mic Thing can be mounted on just about any microphone, drum, or speaker stand up to 1” (25mm) in diameter. The Mic Thing’s two winged panels can also be adjusted to create anything from a flat planar absorber to a tight semi circle enclosing the microphone. This way, the amount of separation and absorption can be easily be manipulated to suit requirements.
| $ 285.00 |
(save 13% off RRP)
- Simple & affordable microphone isolation
- High density fire resistant, UV and ‘Ultra Fresh ’ anti-bacterial treated foam
- Great for all microphone recordings
- Sturdy steel frame
- Quick and easy angle adjustment of panel wings
- Also available in white (currently in Europe only!)
- Suitable for attachment to any microphone stand
- Size: 740 mm x 400 mm x 50 mm
- 2 metal mesh reflection grills included
- Weight: about 6.5 kg