Softube FET Compressor - Native Modelling Software VST AU RTAS
Many "modeled" compressors are nothing more than futile attempts to get an off-the-shelf algorithm to match its hardware counterpart by tweaking a few parameters like the knee and attack/release times. But anyone who has worked with hardware compressors knows that there must be more to it. And there is. The heritage of analog compressors very much showcases the history of electronics in the previous century. It's the deficiencies of the different designs and components that give each unit its unique character, and what started out as technical limitations have now become sought-after sounds. Simply approximating the most apparent features is not enough to capture this uniqueness.
It takes a model of great complexity and accuracy to make a digital replica sound like the original with all settings and inputs. When creating FET Compressor, Softube set out to make the most accurate emulation of the most famous solid state compressor. Instead of modeling individual features and putting them together digitally we have modeled the unit in its entirety: input and output stages, gain reduction feedback loops, bias differences of different transistors, etc. It's been by far the hardest project we have taken on, but we feel that the result speaks for itself. And hopefully it will be easier to do it the next time (yeah right). Please note this software requires an iLok USB Authorisation Key.
| $ 239.00 |
(save 4% off RRP)
- Modeled analog compressor, input and output stages. Modeled everything.
- Modeled "All buttons in" mode
- Continuous ratio (even between 20:1 and ALL.)
- Super fast attack time (just like the original)
- Sweet input and output stage distortion.
- Parallel compression.
- Detector low and high cut filters
- External side chain
- Stereo with synchronized gain reduction
- Very CPU friendly
- Native version: includes VST/AU/RTAS formats
System Requirements - Native Version
- Mac OS X (10.4 or higher), Windows XP or higher
- Mac: Intel or PowerPC processor (G3 or higher), Windows: PIII or higher
- 512 MB RAM
- Any VST, AudioUnits or RTAS compatible host application
- iLok USB key and the latest Pace Interlok drivers