Tannoy Reveal 501A Active Nearfield Monitor Pair
Whether you’re building a studio on a budget and don’twant to compromise on sonic quality, or you need an active monitor with a smallfootprint, the Reveal 501a offers the perfect solution. Built to the samesuperior standard as the rest of the new Reveal range, the Reveal 501a packsperformance, accuracy and value into a compact enclosure. Priced competitivelywith the entry-level recording setup in mind, the all new Reveal501a delivers awide bandwidth performance that will impress even the most seasoned pro.
Ahead of the Curve
The sculpted curved edges of the new Reveal’s front baffle help to eliminate unwanted diffraction caused when sound dispersed from the sides of the cabinet is scattered back into the near field causing interference and phase distortion. By carefully smoothing off these edges, this unwanted diffraction is significantly reduced, delivering critical improvements to frequency response and crystal clear imaging, even when off-axis. Optimised Tweeter Design In the pursuit of achieving a wide and even nearfield monitoring ‘sweet spot’, delivering accurate and highly controlled high frequencies is critical. The new Reveals feature a brand new tweeter design comprising of soft dome HF driver coupled to an elliptical waveguide that has been optimised to provide very controlled high frequency directivity and minimise diffraction, providing a wide and consistent listening field.
Most studio monitors feature bass ports on the rear of their cabinet. This type of design leads to an inherent problem called bass-coupling whereby low frequencies are amplified when the monitors are located close to room boundaries, leading to coloured and inaccurate mix results. The new Reveals feature front-firing reflex bass ports however, to allow for ideal positioning even within small or confined studio spaces, while still providing defined bass performance.
Integrated 60W total power amp unit
5” (130mm) LF/MF driver and 1” (30mm) soft dome tweeter delivering wide frequency response of 64Hz – 30kHz
Sculpted and rigid front baffle design to minimise diffraction
Response has been optimised for quarter space near-field operation, such as on a meter bridge or on a table either side of your control surface.
Front firing reflex bass port to negate boundary-coupling
Bass unit development using to minimise offsets and linearise the suspension components.
Wideband tweeter design extending the amplitude response beyond 20kHz audibility to 30kHz to improve the phase esponse from within the audible band.
LED indicator shows power status
+ 1.5 / 0 / -1.5dB HF trim switch for custom room adjustment
Rear mounted volume control for convenient Home Studio and PC/MAC laptop/desktop use.
Balanced XLR and unbalanced jack connectors
| $ 529.00 |
(save 12% off RRP)
- Frequency Response (-3dB) (1) 64Hz - 30kHz
- Rated Maximum SPL (2) 108dB
- Distortion <0.7%
- Dispersion (-6dB) 90 degrees
- Drive Unit LF/ Mid 130mm (5”) multi fibre pulp paper cone
- Drive Unit HF 25mm (1”) soft dome with neodymium magnet system
- Magnetic Shielding No
- Input Impedance XLR balanced & unbalanced Jack 10 kOhms
- Input Sensitivity 0.775V RMS for full output
- Crossover Frequency 2.3kHz
- Amplifier Output Power LF 40W RMS, HF 20W RMS
- User Controls Power On/ Off, Input Sensitivity HF Trim +/- 1.5dB
- Power Supply 100- 120V, 200- 240V Switchable, 50- 60Hz
- Power Consumption 125W Maximum
- Fuse 100- 120V, T800mAL 250V 220- 240V, T400mAL 250V
- Low Frequency Alignment Optimised front reflex loaded
- Cabinet Construction MDF cabinet with injection moulded front baffle
- Cabinet Finish Black fine texture
- Cabinet Dims. (HxWxD) 300 x 184 x 237mm (11.8 x 7.2 x 9.3”)
- Cabinet Weight 5.45kg (12 lbs)
- Shipping Dims. (HxWxD) 416 x 266 x 321mm (16.4 x 10.5 x 12.6”)
- Shipping Weight 6.2kg (13.7lbs)